Dienstag, 19. Januar 2010

Ghazal 2039




Him - Go lay your head on your pillow, let me be alone
leave me laid waste to wander the night, afflicted
Me nd the waves of grief, alone, dusk to dawn
Come be kind if you will; go and be cruel, if you want.
Leave me, run, fast, or you'll fall likewise in affliction
Choose the more wholesome path and leave harm's way
Me and the puddle of my eyes, huddled in sorrow's corner
turning mill after mill after mill with my tears.

Her - "Impuden, brazen, he murders me, stony his heart
none dares demand money to atone my blood
The monarch of handsome faces is under no duty to be true..."
Him - Sallow-faced lover, be patient, be true
It is a pain cured only by dying
I cannot tell you ho to treat this pain...
Last night I dreamt I saw an old man in the street of love
he beckoned me with his hand, "come this way, to me"
If a dragon blocks the path, love works like an emerald
The glittering of the emerald will repulse the dragon...
Enough! I am senseless...Adicionar imagem


Jalal al-Din Bakhi (Rumi), 1207-1273
Tradução de Franklin Lewis.